For the past 6 months or so, this little cleansing brush has been my skin care go-to. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase it in a Mother’s Day box set that included the cleansing brush, and sample sizes of the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, so I could try out the skin care line. I am a huge fan of Clinique’s Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser and this cleansing brush works so well with it, because it helps generate a good, foamy lather on your skin and deep cleans pores. I tend to skip the toner step, but I always finish off my skin care routine with Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Since this is an investment at $99, I thought I would write an honest review for those of you out there who are considering giving it a try, or those of you on the hunt for a quick and easy way to deep clean your skin.
- Deep cleansing
- Battery lasts 3 hours on one charge, perfect for traveling
- Effective for all skin types
- Two specialized brush bristle types: green for T-zone, and white for cheeks
- Angled brush tip to get in hard to reach places
- Purifies skin of oil, makeup, and dirt that may be missed when cleansing by hand
- Automatic shut-off
- Variety of brush heads for different skin care concerns
- Two-year warranty
- Charging base
How to use:
- Apply cleanser to wet brush head or moistened skin.
- Massage brush in circular motion over cheeks for 15 seconds each using the white brush head bristles. Important: you do not need to apply pressure to your skin; the brush will deeply cleanse with a light touch.
- Massage brush in up and down motion in and around the T-zone for 15 seconds using the green brush head bristles.
- Thoroughly rinse skin and lightly pat dry with towel.
- Rinse the brush head after every use, and lightly pat dry.
- Exfoliate and moisturize skin as desired.
What I love about this product is that it is waterproof, so it can be safely used in the shower. One of my biggest struggles with cleansing is rinsing because I always end up with some cleanser residue in my hair. This way, I can cleanse first so no cleanser gets in my nice, clean hair. Plus, the entire cleansing brush is anti-microbial so no little organisms will be building a town in your brush in between uses. Also, the brush does not need to be used with Clinique cleansers, so you can use any cleanser you like. I would seriously discourage using it with any scrubs or even with cleansers with those bursting beads, because it would be too harsh on your skin.
To start, the brush should only be used once daily, either in the morning or at night to allow your skin to adjust. After a week or so of using it, you can switch over to using it twice daily, both morning and night. Do not exceed two daily uses though; it will strip your skin of essential oils and it’s a waste of cleanser.
For those of you with sensitive skin, there is a specialized brush head for you, with softer bristles for the cheeks and T-zone areas. And if acne is your primary concern, there is also a specialized brush head to combat that.
The automatic shut-off is another feature that I love about this cleansing brush. It turns off every 30 seconds so you know when to move on from your cheeks to your T-zone. It’s also really handy if, like me, you sometimes zone off while cleansing and realize the brush hasn’t even been on your face half the time . . .
I took this cleansing brush with me when I went to Paris back in August, and one charge before I packed it lasted the entire trip. The battery has such good life in it, and the charging base is a nice place to rest it on your bathroom counter.
Finally, what I love about this brush is that it removes oil, dirt, and makeup that could easily be missed when cleansing your skin by hand. This one is huge for me, because I have found that, even after using some cleansers, my skin still feels waxy and dry. While this brush and the Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser do a beautiful job with removing makeup, make sure that you rinse your brush head so you aren’t spreading the removed makeup everywhere.
All in all, I think this cleansing brush is an incredible skin care investment. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed, is super easy to use, and is great for traveling. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quick way to deep clean skin, at home or on-the-go.
Have you tried this cleansing brush before??? What did you think of it???